- I have to prepare myself for an upcoming certification exam within two months. Well, two months are long. There is more time to procrastinate, said my crammer self.
- It’s the time of the year again, where my skin’s covered with insect bite-like rashes that irritate me like hell. I remembered how I suffered last 2014 for these strange itchy rashes on my body and face. Turns out it always happens during summer.
- May 2016 Election Day is approaching. In the wake of controversies being thrown to my prospect presidential candidate for these past few days, I’m on the verge of picking another…wait, there is no choice left.
- There are rumors that COLDPLAY IS COMING TO MANILA. I wish to save enough money before they announce the ticket prices so I won’t have to sell my kidney or beg in the streets to attend the concert.
- I’m excited to Game of Thrones’ new season. No spoilers please!
“Did you know that childhood is the only time in our lives when insanity is not only permitted to us, but expected?”
―Louis de Bernières, Corelli’s Mandolin
- I’ve been meaning to write a post regarding my Mt. Pulag adventure last week but I’m still not in the mood for uploading photos. Next week, maybe.
- My teammates and I finally finished an important project at work, which means less overtime and early out, and less stress.
- I was able to find someone who’ll help me to make this blog step up to the next level, well—for good. I hope this will push me harder to write more, without further excuses. Thanks to you!
- I look forward to stay away from the city, go home, and relax. 🏠
- I’m excited to approaching Lenten Season.
- I already finished Jojo Moyes’ Me Before You (which I’m about to post a review some other time) I’m currently reading its 2nd book: After You.
- My friend and I went to a water spa just recently.
- So many backlogs to start with!
Wow, my life’s slowly getting more interesting. 😂
Yesterday, a friend and I went to ACE Water Spa in Pasig. Since we live just a walking distance from the area, and I have a buy 1 take 1 coupon which I got from my planner, we decided to visit the place and tried its famous hydrotherapy experience.
- I was running in and out of the clinic for the last week after finding out there was something wrong with my urinalysis result. It’s telling that I have urinary track infection when it’s really not, so it’s kind of unusual when they asked me if I feel in pain and I told them no, not even once. I think I have to increase my water intake from now on.
- I seldom finish a chapter of the book I’m currently reading because of a lot of overtime work I’ve been doing lately. When I reached home, I only have an hour left to prepare to sleep. Ugh, when will I ever finish reading, seriously?
- I finally discovered a new movie to watch for! The movie adaptation of Jojo Moyes’ novel Me Before You. I found the story interesting, so I downloaded its eBook version. I can’t wait to see Emilia Clarke portray a different role other than her being Daenerys Targaryen, plus the fact that Alex Stewart is her leading man, #LoveRosie feels.
- Valentine’s Day is coming and I can’t wait to spend the day with my family, and my bed — my long term date 😍
- At last, there is something to look forward to this summer. I’m excited!
First two weeks of 2016 have passed, so is my monotonous life. Basically, there isn’t much thing to do over the weekends, either stroll on malls or stay indoors. Only two options to choose from, and yet I crave more of it because I don’t have much me-time during weekdays and that sucks.
Anyhow, here is what I’m up to lately:
- I asked my friend to come with me and visit Pinto Art Museum in Antipolo last weekend. We captured photos of artworks and ourselves. I finally found a decent photo for my Facebook profile as well. 😊
- I am not so busy with work for the first two weeks, yet I’ve been rendering OTs everyday because they require me to. It’s not pretty bad because I consider it as a way of saving more money, though it also means getting bigger taxes.
- I’m stressing my life for some reasons. I overthink too much. I have several what ifs. It’s making me feel more inferior. There are times I only get to sleep after crying. It bothers me a lot, so are my dreams.
- I have never been so guilty my whole life, until it happened. I know I’ve said something bad to a person and I don’t know what to do about it. 😢 The person keeps on telling me about something important and asks me what to do and I’ve been telling the right thing a few times already and maybe I felt disappointed that person’s not listening to me so I said it. I still hope that person will do it, and I hope that person won’t feel mad at me. 😶 God, can we just go back to that day so I can correct my mistake? (Forgive me for using “that person” many times. I’m not telling if it’s a guy or girl.)
- I’m losing my appetite because of this heavy period and I’m trying so hard to deal with the pain. Wow, my Saturday and Sunday were just spent indoors, lying on my bed because of this.
- I’m still finding ways how will I save more money. There is still hope.
- I’m just starting to read All the Bright Places. I deserve a slap for this.
Right now, I’m the only person staying at this house. Everyone but me is living his/her life outdoors. Mine’s boring, don’t be like me.
“She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn’t supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something.” ―
If you’re an artsy person or simply looking for a nice place to get relaxed and appreciate works of art as well, just like me, I highly recommend this art museum in Antipolo – Pinto Art Museum. I was dying to go there since last year and got pretty lucky enough to have found the time to visit the place.
Showing you some of the photos captured inside the museum.
2015 was a year of climbs and spontaneous travels, of new experiences and adventures, of mishaps and misfortunes, of heartbreaks and anxieties, of drama and judgments. Nonetheless, it was a lesson learned, a life-changing moment definitely one for the books.
To say the least, this was a year of ups and downs. It was having the guts to step out of the comfort zone and leave everything, for good. It was drifting away from people you finally realized not worth keeping. It was a year of making tough decisions you know you won’t regret later. It was a full blast, a year of starting anew, after being wounded by the past. It was finally rising up after being held captive from your ghosts and demons for a long time. This was a year of starting from plain scratch.
To you who has been here even on the worst days of this year, I cannot thank you enough for being a part of it; and to those whom I lost unexpectedly in this battle, thank you still, for leaving, and for making way to new ones to take part in.
As we look forward to a kinder year to come ahead, let us all be grateful for everything 2015 has taught us, and may we be inspired and look beyond what the approaching year has to offer and cherish the most of it—bolder and wiser.
I want to say congratulations to you who survived another year of life. Salute! 🍷
I was actually finishing this post while waiting for the clock to strike 2:00 A.M. so I could get home, for a long vacation from stressful work. Obviously, there is nothing else to expect but long queues and heavy traffic, which I really really hate. Anyway, here’s a recap of the series of events that happened in this year:
First two weeks approached fast and nothing unusual happened, until on the 18th. I can’t believe I became part of the historic 6-million crowd gathered in Luneta, on a rainy afternoon never minding the pushing and shoving of people to see Pope Francis. Unfortunately, my friend and I could not get past the streets where the Pope’s mobile was. Sobrang nakakaoverwhelm talaga yung feeling na andun! I still remember walking like a zombie, with dead-tired feet, and dripping wet when I reached home. This is definitely one for the books.
Celebrated post V-day with good friends, went all the way to Pampanga to attend Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Festival and watched air balloons, kites, planes and other flying stuff soar up the skies of Clark City the whole day. There was also a live band in the evening and also flying activities but they were not able to pull off the air balloon and fireworks due to strong winds.
Fun Fact: We walked from Clark City to Dau because Manila buses are so rare! It was a 10 km walk I guess.
Got my heart broken and cried a lot. Still I was able to watch four pyromusicals in between sobs anyway.
We welcomed summer in Nagsasa Cove, Zambales. I was excited because it’s my second time to sleep in a tent (first time was during girl scout days) and it was hella fun! (and exhausting) We also experienced trekking unprepared and got intense sunburn right after.
Before the month ended two of my HS friends and I, along with some other friends went Taal Volcano Trekking (trekking na naman!) It was my first time to ride a horse.
I let my hair cut to pixie, like the haircut I was rocking circa 1995. Some insensitive people were like, “Uyyyy, nagmomove on!” without realizing I just can’t stand the heat to have a longer hair. I only laughed and did not bother to explain. I don’t want to play too defensive eh. Also, to some people who even had the guts to say “tomboy ka siguro?”, I should have punch you for the joke but I realized I might sound guilty if I did it, but LOL it’s too funny!
We celebrated Ila’s birthday in Vikings on the first day of the month. And on its last day, I finally quit my job that I’ve had for three fvcking years. I was thankful for all the experiences and skills I learned and I really mean just when I said that. It’s just that I couldn’t picture myself anymore working for the company in the next 5 years so I’ve backed off while it’s still early. Besides, hindi na masaya eh. Can’t stay any longer.
While waiting for August, I was invited by a friend and joined the group of some hikers to climb Mt. Pico de Loro in Cavite. Not only did I reach the summit but its famous monolith as well. It’s my first time to climb a mountain and it was really worth all the sweat guys, you have to try it!
August is the start of a “new life, new career”. First few weeks were the hardest because I have to adjust myself in a different work environment since I no longer have the “comfy life”. EDSA traffic, heavy rainfall at some times, and the need to wake up that early? Well, keri naman.
P.S. I missed my shortest hair.
I did second mountain hiking with friends in Mt. Batulao in Batangas, experiencing the same level of haggardness as the Pico hike haha!
Nothing hilarious happened last October. All I remembered is that 24th was marked as “Tamang Panahon“, that should count as a life event too haha! I should have witnessed the event in Philippine Arena because I also am an AlDub fan. They look cute together.
We went to Mt. Pinatubo! I also went home to buy birthday cake for my little sister during the APEC week, aaand my birthday was just a normal day. As much as I want to spend a lot and go party with friends, I just decided not to. I realized there is much to spend for in December. Yeah, hashtag adult duties.
I invited two of my friends in Maginhawang Pasko Food Fest in QC, of which I heard in Facebook, but they didn’t make it on the day, so we decided to go there the next day. I also watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens and bought Christmas presents.
To sum them all up, I definitely went through a series of good and bad. This year brought several life lessons that hit me hard, and of course I must not forget every little thing it has taught me. Anyhow, what about you, how did you spend your 2015? 🙂
Happy Holidays folks!